07 Jun Job Opportunity
Job Opportunity: Constituency Office of the MLA for Hammonds Plains-Lucasville
Communication and Outreach Assistant
Duration: June 25 – August 24
Hours: 30+ hours/weekly
Seeking a diligent and organized self-starter. Personable with excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail. Candidates should be willing to maintain a flexible schedule for this two month contract which will include hours during evenings and weekends.
• High school diploma
• Pursuing undergraduate studies in the field of Communications, Journalism, Public Relations and/or Marketing. Community college students will be considered, also.
• Personal transportation.
Role and Responsibilities
• Implement communications projects and strategies.
• Drafting and editing of external material.
• Collecting data and maintaining databases.
• Initiate and coordinate ongoing meetings with local and provincial stakeholders including individuals, businesses, not-for-profit associations, and resident associations (etc.).
• Work with Constituency Assistant to create ongoing canvassing schedule. Support MLA in completing this activity.
• Maintain social media (Facebook and Instagram) with local content.
• Develop ongoing press releases for all forms of communications, not limited to local papers, web and/or social media.
• Work with Constituency Assistant to organize and facilitate community barbeque.
• Photograph events and meeting as required.
• Other responsibilities as determined by Constituency Assistant or MLA.
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email no later than midnight June 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held June 21 & 22.