19 Mar Update on COVID-19: Changes to Service Nova Scotia Services
Passport services at all Service Nova Scotia offices are suspended until further notice in order to further discourage non-essential travel. This includes passport renewals and passport applications.
If you need to travel urgently, you can still receive passport services if you can provide proof that you meet one or more of the following criteria:
• You have a serious illness.
• You must tend to the serious illness or death of someone you know.
• You will have financial problems from the loss of a job or business. This does not include plans to travel that are at risk.
• You must travel for humanitarian reasons, and this is supported by the organization that you work with.
Additionally, please note that you must wait to submit a passport application if:
• You don’t meet the criteria for urgent travel.
• You are experiencing symptoms such as coughing, difficulty breathing, or a fever.
• You are in self-isolation.
To get urgent passport services if you qualify, you can contact the Service Canada Passport Call Centre by calling 1-800-567-6868, or fill out their online form by visiting: https://bit.ly/3a79KBp